With the current circumstances, there has been a major shift to technology and digital mediums in all industries. We’re all now familiar with services like Zoom with work meetings, distance learning, and virtual hang outs. Companies are pivoting to adapt to the circumstances by using a digital platform. Now, what does this mean for us here at Sports Performance?
At Sports Performance, we’ve all been grateful to continue servicing our clients both in-person and now digitally with our new Virtual Visits. We empathize and always take into consideration our clients’ wishes if they’re not comfortable attending a session in-person but we ensure that Virtual Visits are just as productive.
I’m pumped to continue serving our amazing clients so I’m here to lay out our Virtual Visit! My goal is to provide answers to common questions we’ve encountered and demonstrate the importance of staying connected digitally so we can reduce the risk of major setbacks with your rehabilitation, fitness, and well-being!
Here are the 5 W’s on a Virtual Visit:
Who would benefit from a Virtual Visit? Anyone can absolutely benefit from a Virtual Visit! We love supporting our local community and this platform enables us to reach and serve others at an even wider range!
Where should I be for my Virtual Visit? A virtual visit can be done anywhere in the comfort of your home. All we ask for is a stable internet connection and enough space to get movin’ and groovin’!
When can I schedule a Virtual Visit? Right now! We offer virtual visits the same way in-person visits Monday-Friday to accommodate your schedule. We offer either a 1 hour session or a 30 minute session.
What does a Sports Performance Virtual Visit session look like?
- Consultation: We open up our sessions by hearing your story to gain a better understanding of what’s the problem at hand, what it’s stopping you from doing as well as diving deeper to help you understand why it occurred while working towards your personal health and fitness goals.
- Diagnostics: The entire time we’re listening to your story we are triaging and ensuring there are no major red flags.
- Movement Screen and Movement Analysis: Now for the fun stuff! We get you up and explore how you’re moving while teasing out any strength, mobility, or movement pattern deficits that we can use as a baseline to improve and make you an even better human being!
- Treatment: Treatment consists of resistance exercises, stretches, self-mobilizations, or soft tissue treatment strategies that we recommend using equipment like a foam roller or ball that’s specific to you.
- We walk you through each of the movements to make sure you’re doing them correctly.
- Treatment also includes any programming, exercise modifications, or alternative exercises we can recommend to work around your injury.
- Timeline: We give our recommendations on how long it’ll take to first get your pain under control followed by strategies to ensure it doesn’t become a long term problem.
- Questions: We value education and empowering our clients with the appropriate tools so we always make time to answer any questions.
Why should I do a Virtual Visit?
- We’re committed to continue serving our clients through these times and we want to be available during these times with considerations of proper distancing and taking things virtually.
- Our main goal with these virtual visits is to triage, educate, and empower! As with our in-person visits, our virtual visits are geared to help guide you through your journey to help you gain control of any aches and pains to keep you exercising throughout the year.
I hope this information is helpful and I can’t wait to work with you towards all of your fitness goals! Remember… stay safe, stay strong, and keep training!
If you have any questions or if you would like to read about certain topics, please send us an email at TeamSP@SportsPerformancePT.com or text us at (619) 724 – 4427.
TUNE IN TO OUR PODCAST